HOW TO COPE WITH STRESS



Stress is real, its a thing that many of us go through, yet in my opinion is not taken seriously enough. I suffer pretty bad with it - more than I let on but I have found ways to cope that actually really help.

Get Outside
Sometimes a bit of fresh air does us the world of good. Most of us spend far too much time inside, whether that be because we work in an office or we work from home. Even just 10 mins of going outside can really help when you're feeling bogged down and under pressure.

Go For A Massage
Since late October I have been going for a massage or spa treatment at least every 6 weeks. I carry so much tension in my body, its important for that tension to be released. I really recommend visiting the Aveda Spa in Holbon. Ive had two holistic massages there so far and during both, I literally felt like I was floating, like all of my problems had melted away - it was really strange. After a good deep tissue massage I feel less stressed, really calm and like I could fall asleep at any moment. 

Breathe Slower
My therapist has made me aware just how important breathing is to the mind and body. If I'm stressed I try and breathe slower, take slightly deeper breaths and really listen to my body. You'll notice that when you're content and happy your breathing will be much more paced and relaxed - pay attention to how it is when your angry or stressed. Breathe girl!

Watch A Funny Film/TV Show
You've heard me say it before but I'm gonna say it again. The Big Bang Theory for me, makes everything better. It makes me laugh and whenever I watch it I feel a little bit more happy. Stick on your favourite film or show, whip up some popcorn and kick back.

Write Down Thoughts
I'm going through a little wobble with my mental health at the moment and I think it actually shows here on my blog. You'll notice that I've done a lot of reflective posts and have generally been a little more deep and slightly negative too. It really helps me if I write down my thoughts, some I keep private, others I share with my public diary - my blog. Its important to clear your head and get rid of any clutter you have. If you paint, paint your thoughts. If you sing, sing your thoughts. 

Do More Of What Makes You Happy
Its easier said than done but if something is making you stressed or making you unhappy, stop doing it. Obviously work stress is something we may not be able to avoid all the time, but if your stress is unnecessary - walk away, let it go or get rid of it.

Stress can lead to issues related with food and weight, anxiety and depression and other health problems. Don't ignore it!!!

Share:

11 comments

  1. Doing more of what makes you happy is the key. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we have to put our needs and wants first, especially if it's going to benefit us :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but if your stress is unnecessary - walk away, let it go or get rid of it." YES! This is such amazing advice and I think we all forget that we do have a choice when it comes to (the majority) of things that cause stress on us every day. I'm having a "wobble" with my mental health too and it all boils down to stress that I put on myself. Love this post and the other similar posts you've been doing lately. :) xx

    Charlie @ www.chrwrd.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with these tips, the way I de-stress is by listening to music and yoga x

    Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these tips and this post! I used to meditate which helped me de-stress, I've set myself a goal of getting back into it this year. And I may have to check out that Aveda spa to relieve some back tension. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo what I need to be looking at. The last 2 years have been so hard and stressful on me. I want 2016 to be the year that I am stress free or at least know how to manage it. These are some great tips. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I feel stressed and overwhelmed at work I take a day and just stay home and lay in bed and just watch youtube. It relaxes me.

    http://lifeasacaribbeangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really missing my wife when she left me for someone else. I was weak to take care of some situations and i let her slip my arms. I had to talk to my partner at the office who recently got her husband back. She told me to get in touch with John Patience who helped her get her husband back with a love spell. I was very sure of this because John has helped my partner get her husband back. So i called John Patience and told him i lost my lover and wanted her back. He encouraged me and told me to be happy. He did his thing and told me my wife will be back in 45 hours. I waited for that time and my wife called me and told me that she has forgiven me and ready to take me back in her life. Since then, my wife and i have been enjoying our marriage with our lovely 4 kids. I am very grateful to John for what he has done for me. I'd advice you to ask him for help if you have any problem on your relationship and some other aspects of life.His email is blessings434@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the WORST when it comes to dealing with stress. I usually bottle it up and then explode at little things. What was it this week? I think I bottled up all my stress from work and my boyfriend and I were talking about dinner and I exploded at whether the oven was to be set at 400 or 450 degrees. Clearly, stress management is something I need to work on haha Thanks for the tips!

    Jasmine / www.jasminekeclipse.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had stress affect my health in terrible ways in the past which made me learn the hard way that NOTHING is worth risking your health for. At the end of the day, your body will be with you for a looong time, and the thing that causes you stress possibly won't. :)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig