BACK TO MAC



So I have accumulated a few empty MAC products which I thought I would share with you. If you didn't know, you can return 6 empty products to any MAC store and you will receive a free lipstick (keep your eyes peeled on a post about the lipstick I picked up, its a beaut). 

MAC Mineralise Skin Finish (dark) | £22.00
I have a love and hate relationship with this product. When I originally picked it up, many many many years ago, I loved it. It was one of the first MAC products I tried and I continuously re-purchased it with no thought. However a few years ago, I tried to use it again and I hated how it looked on my skin. It would look cakey and the colour range didn't match very well either - so I flung it in my drawer and thats where it remained. I haven't used this product much for a very very very longtime but I do remember when I enjoyed it that my foundation would look flawless and stay pretty matte throughout the day. I have about three of these lying around in my makeup collection, all in different shades haha. I think I hit pan in this particular one almost two years ago now? Whoops. I think I am going to 'shop my stash' and give this a whirl again - I'll let you know how I get on.

I am a big glowy, bronzey, sun kissed, ' I must be brown' kinda girl. I love nothing more than being tanned and looking healthy. If I could afford a sunshine holiday every other month I would, but I can't, therefore I turn to bronzer to get me through. I can't lie, I haven't tried that many. If I find something I like, I tend to stick to it as I hate wasting my money, especially on beauty products. When I was a teenager and maybe even when I was around 20-21, I used to use the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer which I really don't like anymore. I find that its very orange toned and it also doesn't show up that much on my skin. If it does, it makes me look dirty - not a good look on any occasion. When I stopped using that I dabbled in Nars Laguna & a few other drugstore ones that I can't remember but nothing will ever compare to Matt Bronze by MAC.  I have used this bronzer on and off for years. Every time I stop using it & then I go back to it, I do a little happy dance because I remember just how much I love it. It is 100% my favourite, holy grail bronzer. It is the perfect warm toned, natural looking colour and it contours my face so perfectly. It has zero shimmer (HALLELUJAH) and is just amazingggggggggg. It is probably way too dark for my fair skinned babes but for olive, warm skin tones it is the best! I dropped mine (it was nearly finished, kinda, I think) so it's been stashed away until now. 

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer | DISCONTINUED
I have had this for years & I really enjoyed using it. This concealer is heavy coverage & leaves a creamy matte finish onto the skin. I used this for around my brows and it framed the little wrigglers so brilliantly. This was so long wearing - it did not budge!! The shade was the perfect highlight but also blendable into the skin shade (what a mouthful) and I used it practically everyday. You didn't need a lot of product either so it was also worth the price. However, the product lasted so long that I couldn't use it all up in time and it completely dried out. I tried to salvage it with Mac Fix+ but that couldn't even bring it back to life, criessssss! Back to MAC it goes.

Since 2011 I have been a massive eyeliner girl. I live for the flicked, cat eye liner look & it has taken me years to master it - even then I still get it wrong sometimes. Mac Fluidline was the first gel liner I ever tried - I picked it up at IMATS 2011 I think? A lonnnngggg time ago. It took me a while to get used to not using a pen type applicator but after a few weeks, I was well away. This product is of creamy texture with a matte finish. It dries ultra black & won't budge all day. I don't think I have smudged this gel liner - it lasts for ages on the eye, especially with a primer. I loved using this product, but like every beauty obsessed blogger - I got bored, switched up and this fell to the back of my Muji drawers. I was rummaging through my makeup collection a few weeks ago & stumbled across fluidline but unfortunately it had dried out and once again, not even Mac Fix+ could bring it back to life.

MAC Mineralise Concealer (NC45) | £16.50 x2
I think the TWO empty concealer packaging is a big giveaway of how much I enjoy using this product. I have been using it most days for about a year and a half now - why change when you find something so damn good? The shade range alone is amazing - there are so many to choose from, so no matter how tan or pale I am, I know this concealer works for me. MAC mineralise concealer is creamy and easy to blend. It moisturises the skin but is also long wearing with a luminous finish. I take this concealer with me everywhere - it covers my imperfections such as blemishes and spots, but it also helps with covering any redness I have too. This particular concealer is something I just have to have in my collection - its so good!

So there we have it. My 6 items that have gone back to MAC. Have you tried any of the products mentioned? If you have, please let me know your thoughts. Oh & also, what are your favourite bronzers? I want to have a makeup splurge lol.

Grace x
Share:

5 comments

  1. The MAC Mineralise Concealer sounds lovely x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to it. I was going to blog about this....i actually thought it was 3 empty products....how depressed am i now lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MAC skin mineralise finish is amazing, I use it all of the time. I'm almost at 6 empties, cannot wait to get another lipstick.

    Jess x

    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAAAATTTT I did not know this... is this an international rule???

    Susie | june lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last time I emailed MAC they told me that Back 2 MAC was only available in the USA, yet all my packaging has Back 2 MAC printed on it? My nearest store is Selfridges on Oxford Street so I'm guessing i can go there?

    www.blogtart.com

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig