DRESSING LIKE ME AGAIN



In various aspects of my life, I've been pretty lost for many months (probs a year and a bit tbf). I think thats just what happens, especially in your 20s. You change, you grow, you evolve and sometimes that leaves you feeling like 'wtf am i doing with my life'.

As someone who's always been into fashion (at 14 I had 200 pairs of trainers - they were my thang) my style has somewhat remained the same, but I guess its just developed.

I find inspiration from Instagram, blogs & of course everyday life. I love walking around London and seeing 'normal' girls wearing killer outfits - I often take a cheeky little snap so that I can recreate the look or put my own twist on it.

However a longtime ago I was overcome with some sort of weird pressure that I needed to dress differently. I needed to dress like a blogger, whatever the hell that means. I spent £100s on re doing my wardrobe & buying clothes that I thought people wanted to see me sporting. I stopped wearing colour and opted for the 'minimal' style (which isn't me at all FFS). I just completely lost myself trying to be someone I'm not.

I was scrolling through Instagram and noticing the 'top fashion bloggers' had a minimal, monochromatic, effortless style that I just had to have so my following would grow. I remember picking outfits for LFW back in February, and asking myself 'is this a fashion outfit', and again - what the hell does that even mean?

Im usually so sure of myself so when I get completely lost, I end up frustrated and annoyed - which is why I fell out of love for fashion. I stopped posting Instagram pics, stopped making fashion videos and stopped shooting outfits for my blog.

Other factors also played a part in me completely forgetting how I like to dress, such as, putting on weight (post coming about that soonish) and lacking in some serious self care.. 

The start of 2016 was extremely traumatic for me, for a number of reasons and looking back now, I was definitely suffering with my mental health and I was also extremely unhappy. I was under a lot of pressure, I was overworked and I wasn't taking care of myself. Putting on makeup was a task that required so much effort, I would often just go bare faced. I lived in leggings and baggy tops and all in all - I looked and felt like shit.

After a break in May, I realised enough was enough and I needed to sort myself out. Part of that was to have a think about my personal style and spend some time falling back in love with fashion. When you're feeling insecure and overwhelmed, its natural to put yourself last so I gave a shit ton of clothes to charity, sold a few bits on Depop and had a complete re-vamp of not only my life, but my wardrobe too.

I looked at old photos and reminded myself how I used to dress so it was time to bring that person back lol. I like being daring and bright. I love colour, texture and patterns. I love oversized kimonos and cardigans, with cropped tops and comfy trousers. I like high waisted jeans, gold hoops and gold rings. I love statement shoes and sheer materials. I love anything and everything thats bardot. I like eather & chic, affordable accessories. I certainly do not like a predominately monochrome wardrobe, fedora hats and fitted shirts - thats for damn sure.

Im so glad my inspiration is back so that I can make a little more effort in my choice of outfits. If my outfit slays then I feel happier (so ridiculous I know, but thats me). Im excited to start sharing my looks with you all again, across my different platforms. I'll be shooting with my photographer soon but I really like sharing 'less high quality' photos with you sometimes, it kinda makes my space feel a bit more authentic.

Im trying to hold onto 2012 blogging so fucking bad aren't I? LOOOOL!

What I have learnt is that your aesthetic is a reflection of you, and how you dress can often let people know how you want to perceived. I guess I'm bold, a little sassy and downright full of life. And you know what? Im cool with that.



Heres what I wore & a few items I would love to incorporate into my wardrobe (by love, I mean need. ABSOLUTELY need).








Share:

15 comments

  1. Oh my god! You look sooooooo hot! I'm recovering from anorexia and other mental illnesses and you are such and inspiration to me! The top picture came up on my notifications and the first though for me was how hot you look and do you know what, I need to say that to myself more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're starting to find your way again! I always find that when my mental health gets bad I go into a downward spiral of losing myself, and I don't actually notice until I'm really quite far gone. Then it seems SO hard to get back. I'm looking forward to seeing more fun, vibrant outfits on here and your social media.

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're "holding on to 2012 blogging" haha! More of us should do the same! Love this post, it looks like you're getting your mojo back which is great to see x

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look is fierce! love it :) and I'm with you, i dont get the whole minimalist vibe, I like it colourful and bold and that's me, so instead of trying to fit into something I clearly don't, I will do my own thing and continue to dress in what I like :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing. It is so important to always be yourself and I am glad you are back at feeling like it. Can't wait to see what you are going to show us next!

    Deni xx
    denisday.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! Wish you posted more pics of this outfit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was scrolling down for more pics, came right after watching your vlog about you going back to blogging more. Im so glad i did. I have just started blogging and I can see my sense of style being so influenced by what I saw other people wearing and doing, so thank you for this complete honesty! LOVE from malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracie, I've been feeling the same way. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and it seems really difficult to do right now. You have given some inspiration. I'll be writing about my experience on my blog as well.

    https://chazmyanealexia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You looked so freaking sexxxyyyyy at that wedding Grace! I also heart Cali and Dani so I saw all the snaps and instagrams and it was a beautiful affair. And your outfit killed all the things. Everything. Just dead. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Note before you read; this review is based on a true life story, feel free to read it all the way though.
    David, my fiancé is the first man I fell in love with, I got my first kiss from him 22yeras. I gave him everything he desires thinking he would never hurt me even though I knew our love might not last forever because we were obsessed with each other which gradually contaminated our relationship. But I did think he wasn’t going to breakup with me one day because of his pronounced promises.
    March 17th about 05:12am he broke up with me in a note, I woke up to see it on my bed. I was suppressed, I tried to stay strong at work but when I return home I cry myself to bed.
    After some months he started flirting with strange girls and I was indeed jealous, though I tied other men, but I was never really over him. He is my first love and I have to get him back ASAP. My luck lead me to Dr. Wakina via his spiritual email dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com. I got help like others. Dr. Wakina through his love spell gave me a second chance to get back my fiancé. The impossible became possible after our new found love for each other became productive.
    I’m proud to share this hoping it might help someone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting ex boyfriend back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again. Am Maria 21yr from England, my boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am Shally Mills from FLORIDA, When I eventually found testimonies about this spell caster Dr. Anabi, how he helped many people to get their lovers and broken homes back, i contacted him through because I was absolutely desperate to get my husband back. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children. i wanted a dramatic change and I thought love spell could be the solution. After discussing the resolution with Dr Anabi, he gave me hope that he will restore my marriage. I felt confident that he will actually make my husband to return home and he did! It’s fantastic what this great spell caster have done for me, his help is priceless! I don't know what I would have done without Dr. Anabi, He does his job so well he is organized and highly functional, i believe he is the best spell caster i can count on when it comes to all kinds of spell, I was floored that his spells worked, if you need help, contact him on Ultimatehightemple@yahoo.com or Ultimatehightemple@gmail.com call +2348112180471

    I am Shally Mills from FLORIDA, When I eventually found testimonies about this spell caster Dr. Anabi, how he helped many people to get their lovers and broken homes back, i contacted him through because I was absolutely desperate to get my husband back. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children. i wanted a dramatic change and I thought love spell could be the solution. After discussing the resolution with Dr Anabi, he gave me hope that he will restore my marriage. I felt confident that he will actually make my husband to return home and he did! It’s fantastic what this great spell caster have done for me, his help is priceless! I don't know what I would have done without Dr. Anabi, He does his job so well he is organized and highly functional, i believe he is the best spell caster i can count on when it comes to all kinds of spell, I was floored that his spells worked, if you need help, contact him on Ultimatehightemple@yahoo.com or Ultimatehightemple@gmail.com call +2348112180471

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very inspirational post! I'm pleased you are back to dressing like yourself again, love this look!

    VioletDaffodils

    xx

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig