MY TYPICAL WEEK AS A SELF EMPLOYED TWENTYSOMETHING




So I thought it was about time to give you, my readers, a little insight into my life. Of course I weekly vlog, but I only really share snippets throughout my day, all compiled into one lengthly video. I think a lot of people assume bloggers just solely produce content and take outfit photos, which might be true for some (no disrespect if thats you), but thats just not the truth for me. 

From panel talks to meetings, here's an overview of my week as a self employed twentysomething.



Boots - ASOS | Bag - F21 (alternative linked)

Emails Emails Emails - the absolute bane of my life lol. For professional purposes I have a multitude of mailboxes, from personal emails to blog enquiries. I find it easier to have everything separate so I can manage things in a way that suits me. Id like to say I can do my emails weekly but for me, its pretty much daily. Sometimes brand deals come in with a really short turnaround and I hate missing opportunities, so I check my mailbox frequently. Emails are a massive part of how I make my money!

Interviews/Phone Calls - I'm not sure if this goes with a lot of other bloggers, but most weeks I take press phone calls for magazines and online publications. Other times I'll chat to brands about upcoming work and collaborations I'm doing with them. 

Producing Multi Platform Content -
Blog: In terms of taking photos, I tend to bulk shoot my flatlays so I can do the writing part when I have the time, or when I get a spurt of inspo. I try to put as much effort into my content as possible, so quite often my posts take a pretty long while to complete. I'm talking 2-4 hours sometimes (it might be because I procrastinate though lol). The other part of my blog content is shooting with my photographer Jade. We usually shoot 5-6 outfits at a time, then I import all the photos (usually around 700) and then I edit them in Lightroom. In terms of editing, I make my photos brighter, cooler and crisper. Ive also recently downloaded some VSCO filters so I'm excited to play around with those.

Youtube: If I'm really really busy (which I have been lately), my Youtube schedule is the first to go. I weekly vlog and upload that content on Wednesdays, and I try to also make a main, more focused video on Sundays. Editing and filming can literally take an entire day lol, especially if I've filmed a fashion based video. Then I have to create a thumbnail, upload the video and then fill out the description box with all the necessary links and information.

Instagram: I most definitely have a theme *sort of* that I like to stick to. I opt for cool tone imagery, with a monochromatic focus, but with hints of colour. I love shots of food, selfies and outfits. I also like to inspire my followers with words too so I post a lot of quotes and beautiful writing. I use UNUM to plan my feed which I highly recommend if you struggle to stick to a planned grid. I try to post daily, but I don't force myself to post if I have nothing to share.

Dedicated Work Admin - This can be anything from updating my media kit, to changing my shopable widgets. From scheduling tweets to replying to comments. I actually find this part of my work fun.

Other Admin/Errands - things like going to the post office, opening blogger mail & trying to stay on top of my finance spreadsheets. Who knew doing all of this could be so time consuming? I also have to do the things I really really hate like cleaning, washing my clothes and tidying my office that appears to get messy every damn day lol. Don't forget therapy and food shopping too. 



Producing Sponsored Content - Sponsored content and commission are the highest earners for me. I actually make practically nothing from advertising. Sponsored content is just like my normal content but its just a bit (sometimes a lot) more long winded. Lots of different people have to sign off the content you've produced, so theres usually a fair amount of back and forth, before everything is confirmed and you guys see/read it. Campaigns can last from a week, right up to to 6 months so at times they will be a priority within my workload.

Brand Meetings - If I could give bloggers some advice, it would be to create relationships within this industry, outside of emails. Its professional, personable and also just really nice, to speak to people away from a computer screen. If you make the effort to meet brands/PRs it can actually benefit you in the long run, in terms of support on new ventures, aswell as getting opportunities and paid work. At the start of my freelance life many years ago, I was having 5 meetings per week! I wanted people to know who I was - I think it worked.

TV Meetings - These usually go into my diary super last minute but they take high importance. My goal is to make factual documentaries full time. Think Stacey Dooley & Louis Theroux rolled into one lol. Some days I'm at BBC3, other days I'm meeting production companies to share each others ideas.

Book Writing Sessions - So on top of everything else, I'm writing my book and it still doesn't feel real lol. My debut book NO FILTER, will be out in July, but if you'd like to pre-order it, you can by clicking here. Writing about my life is fun and weird and brilliant, but its also pretty draining. I usually take a few hours during an afternoon to plough through a chapter - my most recent one is all about sex haha. You're in for a right treat!

Personal Time & Social Events - Although I'm a workaholic, this year I made the conscious effort to take more time for me. Self care is a huge part of my life whether thats, lighting candles and eating a bar of galaxy chocolate, or spending the day at a spa with my favourite humans. I try and find the work/life balance as much as possible, so if I'm working a lot, best believe I'm playing (mostly sleeping) a lot too.





So thats it, my typical week as a self employed twentysomething.

Usually at this point, its Friday night and I've cocooned myself in my favourite fluffy blanket, on the sofa watching The Big Bang Theory. 

Obviously what I get up to differs from week to week. Some weeks I'll be on panels talking about Youtube & travelling up and down the country doing numerous different things. And other weeks I'll be sat on my ass eating cheese and crackers, whilst binge watching Criminal Minds. 

Thats what you call balance babes.


Shop My Look
Boots - ASOS | Bag - F21 (alternative linked)


Share:

19 comments

  1. It's interesting to see what you get up to! Is it weird that it sounds kinda fun to me?I would love to work within digital marketing!

    Your pictures are beautiful as usual, I love how you styled up the outfit, and the lighter tones in your hair :)

    Have a good day x

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this... because I'm such a nosey Parker lol but seriously you have such a way with words and I love all your content. As long wish you luck on making the factual documentaries a regular thing... I love your bbc3 shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! That colour looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - You're so honest its fab. It is definitely super interesting to see what goes on behind the weekly vlog! You're definitely smashing it


    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although this sounds pretty intense, it also sounds like you have a very diverse, creative and fun week! Thanks for sharing this, it definitely is very interesting to see how much work actually goes into YouTube/blogging! x http://www.justsavxnnah.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this post was amazing! You always speak the truth.

    xx, Teeara
    http://www.thestylishvagabond.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice seeing from the perspective of someone who's doing what I dream of doing. Can't wait to take my blog full time. You're doing very well for yourself. You look beautiful in this outfit on you plus adore your smile. Thanks for sharing πŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™

    http://www.mossonyi.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this look! your such an inspiration to me. <3

    Zoe | ZoeBarson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this insight, I love reading about how bloggers/vloggers spend their working hours and what they do!

    Love how you've styled this outfit as well, it's a great way of styling a summer dress while it's still a bit nippu.

    Julia x
    juliarachelday.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an insightful post and shows how bloody hard bloggers work. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol @ ' that's what you call balance babes ' I can just imagine you saying that. 🀣🀣

    As always very informative and real, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw good feedbacks all talking positively on the awesomeness of dr. wakina love spell and spiritual healing powers via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com. I became testy and hungry for services to help get back the love of my husband. My husband was and has always been a good and caring lover, but everything changed the night he came back drunk, we had quarrel which eventually lead to fight, I was hospitalized that night. After spending days in hospital, I came back to note that he has threatened me with restraining order. His actions where so petty like he has been nursing my exit. I was in pain for being thrown out for no reason.
    I could have naturally waited for him to come back to his senses and do the right thing, but I discovered I was two months pregnant, so I needed him badly, but I cannot win back his heart alone without connections from higher powers.
    After two months of separation without any means of communication, he came back to me as dr. wakina predicted after casting a reunion love spell on us, we are united again for three weeks waiting anxiously for our baby. It is unbelievable dr. wakina possesses such power. Doctor can be reached via dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My name is Mary Silva, I just split up with my boyfriend of 7 years. We were great together, completely in love and talked about marriage and growing old together, we traveled the world together, everyone knows us as a perfect couple, we never fought always laughed together… however the last 2 years have been very difficult. We have been living together for over 5 years but the last 2 years have been a stressful living situation as I had to take in a friend that was in need. I also started my own business which kept me extremely busy. I am completely devastated, hurt, lost and just want him back. I love him completely. We had a few discussions before he left about trying to work things out, and he felt I took him for granted…I had stopped treating him with appreciation and love. I agreed that I have to be more romantic and be an equal partner in the relationship. Over the course of the following days I showed him love and appreciation, treated him like I had done in the past however he still wanted out. he said he needed time and space to figure out what he wants. I told him I would not give up on us but I would give him space that he wanted. he said he still loved me and care a lot about me but was just hurting.i was totally down because i need my man back one day a friend of my introduce me to a spell caster online who lift me up gave me hope and with-in two days after his spell my man who told me he needed space, call me and come back home to me i must say today we are happily married not only married but have two lovely kids all thanks to Dr happy a father and a real spell caster.

    Contact email address happylovespell2@gmail.com
    Call and Whats-App him +2348133873774
    Also contact and know more about his service at http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can totally see hwo you manage to fill your time entirely, I just wish that there were more hours in the day, as I know my blog will never quite grow in the same way when I work 40-50 hours a week and then still have to fit in writing posts and keeping up to date with social media! Alice xxx

    www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  18. I celebrated my fourth year Marriage anniversary yesterday, i can remember it was Dr. Todd that helped me. We broke up when we were dating few years back and i tried all ways to get him back to me but nothing work and after trying all means i had to sick for the help of Dr. Todd because i heard and saw so many testimonies about him on a Internet, i had to consult him for help and he brought him back to me in just few days after the counsel, prayers and spell was done in his temple my man was back to me and we got married after 3 months. Yesterday we celebrated our 4th year marriage anniversary , we have been living together as husband and wife after Dr. Todd brought him back to me, we are still living together peacefully till date and we have a son. Here is his email(manifestspellcast@gmail. com) OR manifestspellcast@yahoo. com if you want to contact him concerning your relationship problem or if you want your relationship to be lovely like mine. I’m so very happy and i just want you all to know that he is very powerful and can change your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello viewers on this site,i am Mrs Kate from USA florida,i am using this opportunity to give thanks to Dr.OBODO, for bringing my husband back to me successful, a man who can bring peace and happiness into family,a man who can bring family together as one,are you in any problem like...
    1. HIV/AIDS.
    2. if you always have miscarriage.
    3. Breast Cancer.
    4. herpes cure.
    5. AlO and Cerebrovascular Disease.
    6. pregnancy spell.
    7. You want to be promoted in your office.
    8. CHRONIC INSOMNIA.
    9. If you want your wishes to be granted.
    10.Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart...
    contact him today on his email and your problem we be well taking care of Email:[obodospellhome31@gmail.com] or you can give him a call : [+2348138829791]or[+2349055820663] am assuring you that you won't find any regret he is a man that can bring family together as one..contact him and you your problem will be successfully cure...

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig